Posted in National Citizen Service 1 year ago
Salary: £1064 or £2129
(Summer Work – 4 Weeks or 8 Weeks)
Reds in the Community is seeking to recruit Team Leaders to support delivery of the Summer National Citizen Service Programme (NCS). NCS is a flagship Government funded programme for 15-17 year olds, developing their skills for work and life whilst engaging with society and making a difference in their local communities.
Successful candidates will have a minimum 2 years experience in youth work, teaching, instructing or coaching. You will be confident, enthusiastic and demonstrate the ability to engage, communicate and motivate young people through group and individual work. You will also have excellent organisational skills, manage set tasks effectively and be comfortable working in an outdoor environment. These will include OA residential trips that would take you away from home for 5 days at a time.
Team Leaders will be directly responsible for managing an NCS Team of 15 students throughout the full duration of the programme.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and validation of references.
RITC welcomes and encourages disclosure and invites applicants to tell us if there is a possibility that any content will be highlighted following DBS checks.
Reds in the Community is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Summer 2017 Programme Dates
All programmes run Monday to Friday, the only exception if social action project are planned over a weekend, in this case you will be required to supervise.
If you were offered a position you would be required to work one option below:
- Away Residential W/C 26/6/17 – 30/6/17 (Cumbria)
- Home Residential W/C 3/7/17 – 7/7/17 (Sheffield or Huddersfield Uni)
- Volunteering weeks W/C 10/7/17 – 21/7/17 (Barnsley FC)
- Away Residential W/C 10/7/17 – 14/7/17 (Grinton YHA, North Yorks)
- Home Residential W/C 17/7/17 – 21/7/17 (Sheffield or Huddersfield Uni)
- Volunteering weeks W/C 24/7/17 – 4/8/17 (Barnsley FC)
- Away Residential W/C 24/7/17 – 28/7/17 (Grinton YHA, North Yorks)
- Home Residential W/C 31/7/17 – 4/8/17 (Sheffield or Huddersfield Uni)
- Volunteering weeks W/C 7/8/17 – 18/8/17 (Barnsley FC)
- Away Residential W/C 31/7/17 – 4/8/17 (Grinton YHA, North Yorks)
- Home Residential W/C 7/8/17 – 11/8/17 ((Sheffield or Huddersfield Uni)
- Volunteering weeks W/C 14/8/17 – 25/8/17 (Barnsley FC)
To find out more about NCS visit: ncsyes.co.uk (national) ncsefltrust.co.uk (regional)
‘NCS Heroes’ YouTube channel NCS Facebook page and @NCS twitter