Your basket is currently empty!
The Foundation Degree in Community Football Coaching and Development has been specifically designed for learners at professional football club’s and their Trust’s education programmes.
Operating through the University of South Wales, the two-year course was written by the English Football League (EFL) Trust in order to develop the required skills and experiences to operate as a professional coach.
Alongside classroom-based learning, students will have the chance to gain coaching experience through Reds in the Community’s various initiatives at Oakwell and across the borough of Barnsley.
This course has been shortlisted for a Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Award 2018 in the ‘Outstanding Digital Innovation of the Year’ category.
- A-Level Offer – DD to include a relevant subject but exclude General Studies
- BTEC Offer – BTEC Diploma, Merit, Merit in relevant subject
- Level 1 in football coaching or equivalent foundation level football coaching qualification from a football national governing body (NGB)
- Successful interview
- Strong interest in sport
- Written Reports
- Practical Assessments
- Posters Leaflets
- Online Assessments
- Football Coaching Young Performers
- Strength and Conditioning: Principles and Applications
- Academic Research and Professional Skills
- Introduction to Sports Development
- Managing and Developing Football in the Community
- Football Coaching Adolescent Performers
- Sport Placement: Football
- Football in Society
- Physical Education and School Sport (Optional)
- Performance Analysis (Optional)
Successful candidates may progress to further education, such as an undergraduate degree, work or other vocational opportunities. Previous learners on education courses at Oakwell have progressed into employment with Reds and the Community and the Barnsley FC Academy