19th September 2022
Reds in the Community are proud to be able to offer a series of FREE sports and physical activity sessions across Barnsley through our Premier League Kicks Programme.
Premier League Kicks is a national programme funded by the Premier League, which looks to promote and provide young people with opportunities, using sport as a tool to drive this forward.
Premier League Kicks aims to:
- Increase playing, coaching and officiating opportunities in football and a range of sports (8-18yrs)
- Enhance physical and mental wellbeing, including self-esteem, ambition and social skills
- Strengthen communities with a culture of volunteering, social action and positive role models – supporting education, training and employment pathways (focusing on 16-25yrs)
- Work in partnership with young people, the police and other stakeholders to support the younger generation with the societal challenges they face (eg youth violence) and to improve community safety
- Inspire young people to develop positive, supportive relationships with one another and the authorities
- Promote integration and champion equality, diversity and inclusion
Participants of our Premier League Kicks Programme will receive a wide range of benefits including:
- FREE Barnsley FC matchday tickets
- Barnsley FC player visits
- Opportunities to Compete against other professional football clubs
- Opportunities to Volunteer and strengthen local communities through Social Action