Are you age 5 to 16 and missing matchdays? Recall your favourite Barnsley FC memory with our poem competition for your chance to win a fantastic prize!
What is this?
Free to enter, and open to all junior Reds fans, we would like you to write a poem based on your favourite Barnsley FC memory.
This could be describing a match that you went to, an event you attended, why you love Barnsley FC or what you like about Oakwell.
We want to hear the story through your eyes, so it’s time to get creative and use your imagination as you enlighten us with a poem that reflects your best-loved Barnsley experience. There’s no word count here, so put your pen to paper and write as much as you like!
Our top three entrants will receive a Barnsley FC ticket voucher to attend a home league game of their choice.
How to enter
The closing date for the competition is Friday 30th April 2020 at 5pm.
To submit your entry, please attach your poem by email and sent it to [email protected] along with your name and your age. Please get an adult to send the email.
By sending an email and entering the competition you will agree with our terms and conditions. An adult must read the terms and conditions of this competition below on your behalf (if you are under 18).
- Each entrant, or (if an entrant is under 18) his or her parent or guardian, will be required to agree to these Rules before entering into the Competition. An individual will show their agreement by submitting an entry.
- The Competition opens on Friday 17th April 2020. The deadline for entries is Thursday 30th April 2020 (5pm).
- Entry to the Competition is free.
- Reds in the Community reserves the right to ask for proof of age from entrants.
- Entrants under 18 years of age must have permission to enter the Competition from a parent or guardian who will be required to agree to these Rules before entering into the Competition, by way of submitting an entry.
- Each entry must be original work and written in English. Entries can be typewritten or handwritten (must be scanned as an attachment to email).
- Perfect spelling and grammar are not required to enter the Competition.
- Entries must be submitted via email ([email protected])
- Entries may be made by individual entrants or by parents/guardians on behalf of their children.
- Each piece of work entered into the Competition must be marked with the entrant’s name and age.
- The top three entrants will receive a Barnsley FC ticket voucher.
- Any questions concerning the Rules or the Competition may be directed to [email protected]